This article provides information on the Server Execution Failed error that can occur after running a scan. It also provides troubleshooting steps to attempt to resolve the error.
Occasionally, after a scan has completed, the scan results are not found within the LanGuard console. The scan displays it has finished, but it does not assign a vulnerability level and does not report any missing patches or needed remediation.
- An error is received that states "Server Execution Failed" when viewing the Scan History.
The Windows Update Service needs to be running as noted in the Required Settings to Scan a Machine and Successfully Install Missing Patches Using GFI Languard article.
- If this service is not enabled or is in a frozen/stopped state, it will cause the Server Execution Failed error to occur.
- Navigate to
- Locate the "Windows Update" service.
- Depending on the current state of the service:
- If not started - Start the Service.
- If started - Restart the Service.
If frozen in a stopping state or otherwise blocked from access - end the service from Task Manager and Start the service.
Alternatively, a reboot should resolve this as well.
- After the service has been restored to a functional state, rerun the scan, and it should complete successfully.
- If the issue persists, gather the logs and open a ticket for Support to review any further scan failures.