It is possible to use the GFI LanGuard Synchronize with Active Directory feature for adding new computers to scan and remediate, or removing devices in the Computer Tree that are no longer there in order to release licenses that were previously utilized.
This article describes the process of running the Synchronize with Active Directory wizard in the GFI Landguard.
This feature enables users to perform the following tasks:
- Add computers that are in Active directory but not yet in GFI LanGuard.
- Move computers to the correct Organizational Unit (OU) in the GFI LanGuard computer tree.
- Remove computers that have been deleted from Active Directory but are still present in GFI LanGuard.
Note: The wizard must be run manually to prevent unwanted changes, in case there are compliance requirements and scan results must be kept in the database for a certain amount of time, or some specific computers should not be added.
Follow these steps to add computers to GFI LanGuard from Active Directory:
- Right-click the computer tree.
- Select Synchronize with Active Directory.
- Key in the domain credentials required to retrieve the domain's Organizational Units and click OK.
- Click Next to start the synchronization process.
- In the list of discovered computers, review the displayed list of changes that this process will do. This list shows where specific computers will be repositioned with respect to Active Directory Organizational Units.
- Click Next.
- Review the list of computers that will be added to GFI LanGuard from Active Directory.
- Click Next.
- Review the list of computers that are no longer present, or have been deleted from Active Directory.
- Click Sync.
Wait for the successful process completion and click Finish.