You may need to filter devices in the Computer Tree panel using specific parameters for monitoring or managing purposes. This article shares the process of using the filter option in this panel along with additional information.
Follow these steps to filter specific devices:
- Click Filter, in the Computer Tree window.
- Configure each filter in the menu by using the drop-down arrows or use the Advanced filtering option to narrow your search of devices or groups, as seen in the screenshot below:
- Click Turn ON filters. Once the filters become active, you may click Clear filters to reset them or Turn OFF filters temporarily, as seen in the screenshot below:
Filters can be configured using the following criteria:
- Vulnerability level
- Operating System (OS)
- Last scan time
- Agent Status
- Network role
Consider the following examples as use cases of filtering:
- A user only needs to review machines based on their vulnerability. In this case, the user can filter the Computer Tree by configuring the Vulnerability level under filters to only show machines that the user needs to review.
- An administrator needs to determine how many machines need to be updated before an End of Life period for an Operating System. In this case, the administrator can use the filter to list servers with the specific Operating System to update them.
- A user is using agents and needs to find any machines that do not have the agent installed. In this case, the user can filter the entire tree by Agent Status.