At times, the Central Management Server console does not open and synchronize - partially due to Access Denied errors. While launching the GFI LanGuard Central Management Server console, the following error message displays:
You are unauthorized to access this area of GFI LanGuard
Central Management Server.
You cannot access this page unless you have logged on correctly and been granted access by your IT Administrator.
This article describes how to resolve this error using the following two methods:
NOTE: The following steps must be performed by logging into the same account that installed the Central Management Server.
Adding New Authorization Rule
- Open the GFI LanGuard Central Management Server.
- Go to Settings > Users.
- Click Add new authorization rule.
- Insert a User or a User Group that is part of the Domain environment using the following format:
- Select Can register new sites.
- Click Save.
- Enter the username and password to join the GFI LanGuard Central Management Server.
- Click OK.
Manually Adjusting the Authorization to Add More Users
Alternatively, you may not have access to the console to log in and add new users. Please see the steps below to adjust the authorization to add more users manually.
- Go to Start > Run > type
services.msc> hit Enter.
C:\ProgramData\GFI\LanGuard 12 Server\authorization.xml
Domain\username, as shown below, with the service credentials you are using for the GFI LanGuard services.