Attempts to remediate or apply software updates to some computers result in errors in the GFI LanGuard Remediation details section:
- The network path was not found.
- Remote registry failed.
- RPC not available.
The following messages may be present in the lanss_vXXX_patchdeployment.csv log:
"warning","RemediationEngine","Failed to open SC Manager: The RPC server is unavailable" "info ","RemediationEngine","<< TRemoteRegistryServiceManager.StartRemoteRegistryEx Result: False, dwLastError: 1722" "info ","RemediationEngine","<< StartRemoteRegistry Result: False" "warning","RemediationEngine","Registry connection failed Error 53: The network path was not found"
The most common root causes for these errors are:
- GFI LanGuard not being able to resolve the client Hostname to the corresponding IP address
- The account used to connect to the target machine and copy over the required files not having full administrative access to the machine
- The required services are not running or enabled on the target machine(s).
- Ensure GFI LanGuard can resolve the client hostname to the corresponding IP address and verify the rest of Required Network Connectivity and Security Permissions for GFI LanGuard Operations.
- Ensure the account specified in the Remediation job Credentials section is part of the target machine(s) "Administrators" group (directly or via another group).
- Ensure all the required services are running on the target machine(s) according to Required Settings to Scan a Machine and Successfully Install Missing Patches Using GFI LanGuard article. Also, ensure other requirements listed there are met.
Remediation jobs should be running without any of the mentioned errors above once all the required settings are in place. If you still experiencing issues contact the Support Team.