The GFI LanGuard is not able to scan the target machines, remediate, or cannot deploy custom software to computers, getting below error(s) in the Scanning / Remediation details:
- The network path was not found.
- Remote registry failed.
More context for 'The network path was not found' issue and other errors can be found in the lanss_vXXX_patchdeployment.csv log file:
"warning","RemediationEngine","Failed to open SC Manager: The RPC server is unavailable" "info ","RemediationEngine","<< TRemoteRegistryServiceManager.StartRemoteRegistryEx Result: False, dwLastError: 1722" "info ","RemediationEngine","<< StartRemoteRegistry Result: False" "warning","RemediationEngine","Registry connection failed Error 53: The network path was not found"
The most common root causes for these errors are:
- GFI LanGuard not being able to resolve the client Hostname to the corresponding IP address.
- The account used to connect to the target machine and copy the required files not having full administrative access to the machine.
- The required services are not running or enabled on the target machine(s).
To resolve the issue, follow these steps:
- Ensure GFI LanGuard can resolve the client hostname to the corresponding IP address and verify all the Required Network Connectivity and Security Permissions for GFI LanGuard Operations.
- Check that the account specified in the Remediation job Credentials section is part of the target machine(s) "Administrators" group (directly or via another group) and confirm that the recommendations for setting up account permissions are in place?
- Ensure all the required services are running on the target machine(s) according to Required Settings to Scan a Machine and Successfully Install Missing Patches Using GFI LanGuard article. Also, check that all the other requirements listed there are met.
LanGuard operations should be running without any of the mentioned above errors once all the required settings are in place. If the issue persists, contact GFI LanGuard Support.