This article covers the important topic as to how to upgrade GFI LanGuard in a secure network (without internet access) and provides the steps for the upgrade process.
When GFI LanGuard is installed on a highly secure network that does not have access to the internet, it still should be upgraded regularly. This can be achieved by manually downloading the necessary files on another server and following the update procedure in a secure network.
GFI LanGuard 12, as opposed to previous versions, uses a dynamic list of files. For this reason, it is not possible to provide a static text file with an exhaustive list of files. To upgrade GFI LanGuard 12 is a secure network:
- Connect to http://lnsupdate.gfi.com on a machine that can access the Internet.
- Download the following files:
- Download all files for which the name starts with "lanss_12_5" (for the LanGuard 12.5 version).
- Also, download the wsusscn2.cab file to the same directory.
- Proceed through the steps from Updating GFI LanGuard in a Secure Network.
Wait for the update wizard to finish and verify that there are no errors: