The following error is reported when scanning or deploying patches to a remote computer:
Error 1314: A required privilege is not held by the client.
This message is a Windows-specific error code as confirmed in the Microsoft article: System Error Codes (1300-1699). The root cause for this issue is that DCOM is running with incorrect permissions.
- Open DCOMCNFG (Start > Run > type
dcomcnfgand press Enter).
- Expand Component Services > Computers > My Computer > DCOM Config.
- Enter the Properties of LNSSCommunicator.
- In the Identity tab, select the Launching user radio button.
- Restart the GFI LanGuard XX Attendant service.
You can also review and apply the resolutions indicated in the Resolving the Issues with Remediation Jobs or LanGuard Agent Install Job Status Stuck at Pending State article to fix the DCOM permissions.