This article provides the solution for when attempting to remediate scanned computers requiring the KB4078130 update, the following error is appears:
KB4078130 Install Error: The environment is incorrect (10)
This is a known issue with the specific Microsoft update not properly deployed on the agent machine.
The patch can be manually pushed to workstations using the “Deploy Custom Software” option in Languard.
The steps below explain the process of deploying this update.
- Download the update from the Microsoft Update Catalog.
- After the download is complete, navigate to the location of the downloaded file.
- Right-click the file and choose Rename.
- Rename the file to
KB4078130.exein order to maintain consistency with the steps below.
- Create a new text document by going to any explorer folder and right-clicking in the empty space then go to New > Text Document.
- Name the Text file
KB4078130.bat. Click Yes when asked if you are sure.
- Right-click the file and choose Edit.
- Type the text below inside the batch file text editor, then click File > Save.
if %ERRORLEVEL%==20 set ERRORLEVEL=0
- Open GFI Languard and go to the Remediate > Deploy Custom Software.
- Click the Add button on the right then select the update file downloaded in step 1.
- Check the Auxiliary file option then click Add.
- Click the Add button on the right-hand side of the deployment screen again. Browse to the batch file created in steps 2-5. (Note: You will have to select All files (*.*) from the file type drop-down menu as shown below.)
- After both files have been added, click on Deploy at the bottom, and the deployment process will begin.
Reattempt and confirm the remediation job.