GFI LanGuard enables users to discover and manage mobile devices such as phones or tablets through the Mobile Device Management Source. This article describes the process of setting up Apple Profile Manager as the Mobile Device Management Source.
Below a short description of what is needed for it to work when configuring an Apple Profile Manager source:
- Connection via ssh port (configurable)
- Root credentials to the OS X Server hosting Profile Manager
- Launch GFI LanGuard.
- Go to Configuration > Mobile Devices and select Add Mobile Device Management Source.
- Select Apple Profile Manager on the Type drop-down menu then enter the Server Name and credentials.
NOTE: GFI LanGuard can query Apple Profile Manager for the list of managed mobile devices such as mobile phones or tablets running iOS. You need to provide root credentials to the OS X Server hosting Profile Manager.
- Set to refresh mobile device information by scheduling an audit.
Optional: Place a checkmark on Exclude Mobile Devices to ignore mobile devices while processing the audit then click Next.
- Select or unselect the accounts to manage and click Finish.
The scan for the added source will start automatically, go to the Activity Monitor tab to view mobile device scan activity.