GFI LanGuard enables users to discover and manage mobile devices such as phones or tablets through the Mobile Device Management Source. This article describes the process of setting up the Microsoft Exchange Server as the Mobile Device Management Source.
The device discovery can identify any device connected to the Exchange Server but the vulnerability assessment is only available for the following operating systems:
- Apple iOS
- Google Android
- Windows Phone
- Launch GFI LanGuard.
- Go to Configuration > Mobile Devices and select Add Mobile Device Management Source.
- Select Microsoft Exchange Server on the Type drop-down menu and enter the Server Name.
- Specify the credentials for Microsoft Exchange under Authenticate Using and click Next.
Note: The account specified to connect to the Exchange server must be a member of the Exchange Organization Administrators domain group and have the Log on as a service right.
- Set to refresh mobile device information by scheduling an audit.
Optional: Place a checkmark on Exclude Mobile Devices to ignore mobile devices while processing the audit then click Next.
- Select or unselect the accounts to manage and click Finish.
The scan for the added Exchange Server source will start automatically, go to the Activity Monitor tab to view mobile device scan activity.