This article provides the steps required to exclude certain network vulnerabilities from scans in the GFI LanGuard.
Scanning profiles are collections of tests and vulnerability checks used to retrieve the information from the scan targets. It is possible to exclude certain vulnerabilities from any of the scan profiles.
The types of vulnerabilities the GFI LanGuard searches for with a particular scan profile can be controlled from the Scan Profiles editor, using the steps below.
- Open the LanGuard console.
- Browse to Configuration > Scanning Profiles.
- Choose the scan profile you are using.
- Click Edit this Profile.
- Within Vulnerability Assessment Options click on the Patches tab.
- Uncheck all the vulnerabilities you would like to ignore, based on severity or any other criteria, sample shown below:
Future scans using an edited scan profile would ignore excluded vulnerability.