This article guides you on how to uninstall the GFI LanGuard Agent via the LanGuard server console or, when the situation calls for it, manually using a script.
The default and preferred method to uninstall the LanGuard Agent is via the LanGuard server console. Manual uninstallation from the command prompt is used in rare cases outlined in the corresponding section below.
If an Agent Scan is currently underway while giving the command to uninstall the Agent, the uninstallation process will be delayed until the scan has finished.
Uninstalling Through GFI LanGuard Console
- Open the GFI LanGuard Console and go to Configuration > Agents Management.
- On the list of computers under Agents view, right-click on a system you want to remove the Agent from and choose Properties.
- Click Agent Status.
- Select Uninstall Agent and press OK.
Uninstalling Manually Using a Script
The command prompt can be used to manually uninstall the GFI LanGuard Agent.
- The LanGuard server has already been uninstalled.
- The LanGuard server already indicates the Agent is not installed, but the service still exists on the client.
- The Agent needs to be removed immediately and the normal procedure through the LanGuard server console does not work.
Do not run this uninstall command directly on the GFI LanGuard server. Doing so may corrupt the GFI LanGuard installation.
- Open the command prompt running as Administrator.
- Run the following command according to the version of GFI Languard Agent you have installed:
GFI LanGuard 2011 Agent:
GFI LanGuard 2012 / 2014 / 2015 Agent:
GFI LanGuard 12:
- Reboot the machine.