LanGuard makes use of the SSH service on a Mac OS X for the following:
- Remote Login.
- Run scripts.
- Deploy missing patches.
The Mac OS X operating system has SSH installed by default, but the SSH daemon is not enabled.
This article guides you on how to enable SSH daemon in MAC OS X.
- GFI LanGuard 2012 SR1 and later
- Supported Mac Operating Systems (OS)
- Go to System Preferences.
- Under Internet & Wireless click the Sharing icon.
- Check the Remote Login option.
NOTE: If you limit incoming SSH access to certain users, be sure that the user you configure has Administrative privileges.
To verify if they have been enabled, go to the Terminal and type either
ssh localhost or