This article provides information on the GFI LanGuard licensing details, how the licensing process works, where to direct buying, updating, renewing, merging or splitting requests, and tells about the benefits and risks of removing devices.
It is important to understand the GFI LanGuard Licensing structure:
- GFI LanGuard licensing is subscription-based. It does not require client device licensing such as CALs (Client Access License), but it is instead licensed by the total number of nodes that scans in a given location. A node is defined as a device with an active/assigned IP address.
- GFI LanGuard is licensed by the number of nodes. It scans on a 12, 24 or 36-month subscription basis.
- GFI LanGuard is licensed by the total number of scanned hosts. The IP address, MAC address, and the hostname are used to identify each host.
- GFI LanGuard works with a single license at a time. To split or merge your license keys, reach out to your reseller, or contact the GFI Sales.
For buying, updating, or renewing GFI LanGuard licenses please refer to the following article.
License Subscription Inclusions
- Subscriptions can be ordered for one, two, or three years.
- A valid subscription includes updates to patch database, vulnerability database, and our Technical support through email and phone.
- There is only one key issued per product; subscription for all nodes licensed must end on the same date.
- For add-on licenses, a subscription must be taken out to coincide with the base product expiration date.
Benefits and Risks of Removing Devices
Hosts, including their scan results, can be removed from the database in order to free up licenses. Before doing this consider the risks associated with these actions:
- When removing a device from Licensing, any scan results associated with the device is removed as well.
- Removal of devices cannot be restored. Please ensure that the scan results for devices that should be removed are no longer needed.
- During the evaluation of GFI LanGuard, the removal of a device is not possible.
Note: If two out of three host identification methods match for a device when scanned, it is considered to be the same device and does not consume an additional license.
GFI quantity band pricing calculations
It is important to know the GFI products quantity band pricing calculations:
- Product: Individual product and purchase order.
Does not accumulate units licensed by product or units licensed on prior purchase orders.
- Renewal of subscription: Total licenses per product.
Total of all units for a particular product.
For an existing GFI LanGuard installation, launch GFI LanGuard Console and go to the Configuration-> Licensing. Check the License type and License usage.
New customers can register for a free GFI LanGuard trial and request a trial license key.