This article guides you on how for a group of computers to configure the Agent properties, such as alternate credentials, automatic agent deployment, auto-remediation settings, scan schedule, etc.
The LanGuard console Computer Tree enables you to configure the Agent properties of groups of computers. For the list and description of the properties that you can configure refer to the steps below:
- Launch the Languard console.
- Go to the Dashboard tab and In the Computer Tree panel right-click a group of computers, then click Properties.
- In the General tab, you can optionally set alternative credentials for the selected group, by specifying a name, type, and authentication method.
- In the Agent Status tab configure the following options:
|Enable automatic agents deployment||Automatically deploy agents on newly discovered computers.|
|Disallow agents (remove existing)||Remove all installed agents from this group.|
|Change scan schedule||Configure the schedule, when GFI LanGuard searches for new computers.|
|Scanning profile||Set the active scanning profile for the selected group.|
|Auto-remediation settings||Configure the auto-remediation actions to perform on all computers in this group.|
- In the Network Discovery tab configure the following options:
|Check automatically for new machines in this group||GFI LanGuard will search for new machines automatically.|
|Change schedule||Change the schedule when GFI LanGuard searches for new computers.|
|Run now||Run network discovery.|
|Scan OU recursively||Recursively, loop through all organization units and enroll computers.|
- Select the Attributes tab to manage the attributes assigned to the selected group. Use the Add, Edit, and Remove buttons to control attributes.
- Select the Relays tab to configure Agent Relays options described below:
|Connect directly to GFI LanGuardserver||The selected computer will download product updates and patches from the GFI LanGuard server.|
|Use relay agent||The selected computer will use a relay agent to download product updates and patches. Select the relay agent to use from the drop-down list.|
- Click OK.
Note: Some options would be disabled because they are applicable only for single computers.