You want to create a new report based on the settings of an existing one to fine-tune existing reports so that the data-set used to build the report precisely matches the requirements.
Default reports will generally be able to provide the information required for the majority of requests. Occasionally, there is a need for a report on specific details. These can include reporting of a specific patch across the network to provide a report to management or to customize the logo images of the report.
Not all reports are editable. If there is no Customize report hyperlink for the particular default report (see solution step 3), then it can NOT be a base for the new report.
To create a custom report:
- Open GFI LanGuard Console and click the Reports tab.
- From the Reports list, select an existing report based on the desired settings of the new report.
- From the right pane, click Customize report to show advanced report options.
- Click the Report Items tab and select the related items to include in the report.
- Click the Filters tab and configure the available filters that relate to the report.
- Click the Grouping & Sorting tab and configure:
- First category grouping - report information is grouped by the selected field.
- Second category grouping - grouped information is sub-grouped by the chosen field.
- Additional ordering - order report information according to the chosen field.
- Click Save as new report...
- From the Add report dialog, key in a name and an optional description for the new custom report. Click OK.
Open GFI LanGuard Console, and in the Reports tab, find the customized report. Click on Generate Report and verify the absence of errors.