This article provides information on how to obtain a GFI LanGuard subscription required for product installation.
During the GFI LanGuard installation, you are requested to key in your GFI account credentials or a license key. Make sure you understand the GFI LanGuard Licensing structure and choose the procedure that best describes your scenario for information on how to obtain a subscription.
Evaluating GFI LanGuard
Register for a free GFI LanGuard live demo.
I have a GFI Account and want to install GFI LanGuard for the first time
During installation, key in the username and password associated with your account and verify that the account is valid.
Your license status can also be verified from the GFI Accounts Portal. Login and click My products, then select GFI LanGuard to check the status of your license.
Upgrading to a newer build or Service Release of the same version
When upgrading GFI LanGuard to a build of the same version, such as when installing a Service Release, you have two options to enter a license:
- Enter your GFI account credentials or select a license key from the Available keys list.
- If you don't have access to your previous license key, but you have a GFI account, you can retrieve the license key from the GFI Accounts portal. Login and click My products, then select GFI LanGuard to get your license key.
Upgrading to a newer version of GFI LanGuard
When upgrading your current installation to a newer major version, there are two scenarios:
- If using GFI Accounts, enter your credentials.
- If using a license key, upgrade your key:
Log in to the GFI Customer Area on the GFI Accounts portal.
- If you have a valid GFI LanGuard maintenance agreement, click the blue key icon on the right, and select Upgrade License Key to upgrade your license key. Then, key in your upgraded license key.
- If you do not have a valid GFI LanGuard maintenance agreement, click on the blue key icon on the right, and select Renewal. Then, renew your maintenance agreement. On completion a new license key is available.
Enter the subscription details or license key during the installation.