GFI LanGuard enables users to configure various properties per agent, including authentication method, credentials, attributes, etc. This article explains the available agent properties and how to modify them.
Agents enable faster audits and drastically reduce network bandwidth utilization. It is important to know the available agent properties and modify them if needed.
Note: Refer to Configuring Agent Settings for the information on how to configure various additional agent settings, including general operation options, data transfer, and update timeframe.
To modify agent properties:
- Click the Configuration tab > Agents Management.
From the right pane, right-click an agent and select Properties.
Note: The Properties dialog can also be accessed from the computer tree within the Dashboard. Right-click a computer or a group and select Properties.
- (Optional) From the General tab, specify the name, type, and authentication method for the selected agent.
- From the Agent Status tab, enable/disable agent deployment by clicking Deploy agent or Disallow agent installation.
- Click the Change scan schedule… to configure the selected agent's scan schedule.
- From the Scanning profile drop-down menu, select the active scan profile.
- From Auto remediation settings, click Change settings… to enable/disable agent auto-remediation. For more information refer to Configuring Auto-Remediation Options.
- Click the Attributes tab to manage the attributes assigned to the selected computer. Use the Add, Edit, and Remove buttons to manage attributes.
- Click the Relays tab to configure agent relays. Relays enable computers other than the one hosting GFI LanGuard to act as the GFI LanGuard server. This helps you load-balance traffic directed to that machine and optimize network scanning performance.
- Configure the options described below:
Option Description Set as relay Set the selected computer as a relay agent. The selected computer will send product updates and patches to other agents to reduce the load from the GFI LanGuard machine. Click Set as relay... and follow the configuration wizard. Remove relay Remove the relay agent role from the selected computer. Click Remove relay... and follow the configuration wizard. Connect directly to GFI LanGuard server The selected computer will download product updates and patches from the GFI LanGuard server. Use relay agent The selected computer will use a relay agent to download product updates and patches. Select the relay agent to use from the drop-down list.
- (Optional) Click Advanced Settings and configure the following options:
Option Description Caching directory All patches and updates are stored in this location before installation on the client computer. Port where to serve The port used by the relay agent to serve requests. Address where to server The address used by client computers to connect to the relay agent (By default the DNS hostname is used).
- Click OK twice.
The configured parameters are applied once the dialog is closed, no additional testing is required.