You are working on updating Windows 10 machines and would like to use LanGuard to deploy one of the previous Windows 10 Build Feature Updates (1903, 1909, etc.), but the LanGuard console remediation only shows the latest Feature Update.
This article provides information on how to solve the issue and download and deploy previous Windows 10 builds to target machines using GFI Languard.
Windows 10 Feature updates are available through WSUS, which is one of the engines that LanGuard uses. Therefore all the builds should be available for remediation provided that the machine being remediated is not already on this or later version and that the LanGuard program updates are up-to-date.
- Check whether the target machine is already using the required (or later) Windows Feature Update. If it is and you actually want to downgrade to build, for example, from 2004 to 1909, your options are to:
- Roll back the install using the Windows 10 Recovery feature within 10 days after the deployment.
- Perform a Windows 10 clean install.
- If you are not using the latest LanGuard version, Upgrade it, perform a Program Update to receive all the updated definitions, and run a full scan on a target machine.
- If you still do not see the Feature Update you want to deploy, the definition files may have become corrupted. Clean the Updates Repository Folder and Update GFI LanGuard Manually.
- With all the latest definitions in place, initiate a Full Scan on the target machine. Once it is complete, remediate all the Cumulative updates available for the target machines(s). One of these may be a prerequisite for a Feature Updates to become available.
Perform a full scan on the machine(s) missing the feature update, then verify that you can now choose the option to update to the version you wish. If the issue persists, contact GFI LanGuard Support.