You would like to update Office 365 or Office 2019, yet the scanning results do not show any missing patches or updates for it.
On 21 April 2020, Microsoft renamed Office 365 to Microsoft 365 and has changed the method of delivery of updates. While the Office 365 updates are still available for patching, LanGuard will not be able to provide Microsoft 365 updates since Microsoft's delivery methods are now bound directly to the subscription.
Office 2019 updates now are also not offered from WSUS service on which LanGuard is dependant for Microsoft product patches
LanGuard provided updates for the client version of Office 365 and Office 2019 while these were still being made available through WSUS. Now, you have to use one of the four ways suggested by Microsoft for receiving Microsoft 365 Apps updates:
- Automatically from the internet
- Using Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager
- Automatically from an on-premises location
- By installing an updated version of Microsoft 365 Apps
More details can be found in the Microsoft documentation:
- Choose how to manage updates to Microsoft 365 Apps
- Managing updates with Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager