You are getting Windows-related errors and experience various timeout issues while scanning Linux target computers.
This article guides you on creating a new Scanning Profile to use for the Linux scans.
Create a new scanning profile for the Linux targets using the options below:
- In the Vulnerability Assessment Options, Group Vulnerabilities by Type and leave selection only on the Linux related groups:
- Under Potential Vulnerabilities, select the following options:
- Under the Patches tab, enable Detect installed and missing software updates and service packs.
- Under Network & Software Audit Options tab:
- Enable TCP and UDP port scanning from their tabs.
- For System Information, enable only the Linux System Information checks.
- For Devices, deselect Enable scanning for hardware devices on target computer(s).
- For Applications, select Enable scanning for installed applications on target computers and Enable full security applications audit for agent-less scans.
- Under Scanner Options:
- set the SSH timeout value to at least 60000.
- set the UDP port scan query timeout to at least 6000.
Update LanGuard server manually and scan the Linux machines again using this new Scanning Profile for Linux machines.