You encounter 'Apt Package Manager Failed' issues during scanning of Linux systems.
The issues occur when scanning Linux distributions using the apt package manager and indicate that the apt package manager itself encounters an error; LanGuard just passes you the error message from the manager.
Each error message is coming directly from the Linux Package Manager, and you have troubleshot it directly on the target machine, as this is outside of the scope of LanGuard support.
Our recommendations are:
- Try running apt package manager on the target machine to ensure its basic functionality:
- sudo apt upgrade to get an updated list of packages from the Internet.
- sudo apt update to download package information from all configured sources and refresh the packages list
- Research the internet for information on how to address the particular error you are facing. For example, "Apt package manager failed: Some index files failed to download..." error has a relevant thread 'Some index files failed to download' while updating.
- Helpful information can be found in the APT Package Manager on Linux guide.