Program Updates are failing to install. LanGuard downloads product updates and definitions just fine but hangs on installing some of them or writes a message like "lanss_11_mnspdata.7z - unable to install the update package."
The most common root causes for the LanGuard automatic updates failing is running an older LanGuard build, stuck old updates, or LanGuard installation corruption.
- If you are not using the latest product version - Upgrade the GFI LanGuard.
- Ensure Real-time Protection Engines Exclusions are correctly set up.
- Follow the instructions of Updating LanGuard Server Manually When Product Does Not Get Latest Definitions or Agents Do Not Update to clean the old updates and force a fresh update.
If the installation still fails or hangs up, it is a clear indicator of environmental issues. Either the LanGuard installation is corrupt, or the Update process is stopped at the OS level by some protection engine or AD policies.
Try repairing your LanGuard installation and see if it fixes this issue. If it doesn't, it is recommended to reinstall the LanGuard server:
- If you need to keep the current configurations, export them.
- Write down your license and database details.
- Uninstall LanGuard via the Windows Control Panel and restart the server.
- Check whether the GFI LanGuard XX Attendant service was removed successfully. If it is still there, remove it manually via the Registry and restart the server.
- Disable antivirus and install LanGuard, strictly ensuring all the requirements and following the installation steps.
- If you exported the configurations, import them.
- Run a Manual Update.
Once Manual Update is completed, verify the results.
If the issue persists, contact GFI LanGuard Support.