You installed the GFI LanGuard server but it is running very slow, having performance issues with scanning, or becomes unresponsive when moving between screens and tabs in the LanGuard console, or after a scan, it is very slow when reporting back the correct status of the servers.
Such slow performance is not the usual behavior of the LanGuard and commonly indicates that either not all prerequisites were met when installing the LanGuard, antivirus missing antivirus exclusions, or corrupted installation.
- Ensure Real-time Protection Engines Exclusions are correctly set up.
- Ensure the minimum system requirements are being met for the size of the installation you are running.
- If the SQL server with the backend database is on another machine, check if there the network speed/connectivity issues between the LanGuard server and the SQL server.
- The slowness may have been caused by massive console scans or Agent deployments; give it time to finish and then check again the performance.
- The size and the performance of SQL Server Database used by GFI LanGuard can also impact performance:
- It is recommended to configure a data retention policy of 3 months or less to have smaller amount of data retained.
- Back up the database regularly to have the transaction logs reduced.
- If needed, adjust the Auto-Growth settings of the database. If huge scans are done regularly (a bigger amount of data is added regularly), it is recommended to increase the auto-growth setting of the database.
- Ensure that you are using the Recommended Settings for Best Performance in GFI LanGuard.
- If the behavior started after LanGuard installation or upgrade, it is possible that the installer wasn't unblocked or antivirus wasn't disabled before installing. Try repairing your LanGuard installation and see if it fixes this issue. If it doesn't, it is recommended to reinstall the LanGuard server, disabling the antivirus, strictly ensuring all the requirements, and following the installation steps.
If the issue persists, contact GFI LanGuard Support.