The agent scan is not working for a machine, and the Agent status in the dashboard is showing as awaiting the first scan. The custom scan from the LanGuard console is working without any issue.
The possible root causes for this issue are the removal or corruption of the Agent deployed on the target machine, or communication issues.
To address this, on the target computer:
- Verify whether the GFI LanGuard Attendant service is installed. If it doesn't, investigate first with the help of the Windows Event Logs, why was it removed, and address the root cause.
- Ensure Real-time Protection Engines Exclusions are correctly set up.
- Ensure that the required Firewall Ports are open on the target machine(s) and the LanGuard server. This is necessary for Agent communications with the LanGuard server to report its health and scan results.
- Once communications are ensured, and the GFI LanGuard Attendant service is installed and running, restart it, wait for half an hour and check the Agent status in the LanGuard dashboard and Activity Monitor.
Navigate to C:\ProgramData\GFI\LanGuard 12\Servers\<folder with your install ID>\. If the file operationsprofiles.7z is 1 KB in size, this would mean that it is corrupted.
To resolve this, copy the operationsprofiles.7z file from an agent that is working properly.
- If it is still awaiting the first scan, the Agent deployment is most likely corrupted, and it has to be reinstalled:
- Manually remove the agent from the target machine, then reboot it.
- Go back to the LanGuard console and uninstall the agent from there as well since the console won't be aware that it's been removed from the target.
- Once the uninstallation completes, restart the GFI Attendant service on the LanGuard server.
- Finally, redeploy the agent to the target machine from the console.
Once the service stays running, perform an agent scan from the LanGuard console by right-clicking on the target machine in the network tree and selecting Scan > Refresh information now.
If the issue persists, contact GFI LanGuard Support.