LanGuard is unable to download and install updates getting errors when downloading packages:
'Error downloading file. Error while reading remote file: The connection with the server was reset.'
These errors can be caused by an outdated LanGuard version, environmental settings blocking the downloads, or corrupted LanGuard installation.
- If you are not already on the latest LanGuard version, please Upgrade.
- Log in to the server using the account that is running the GFI LanGuard Attendant service, and try to download the failing files manually from http://lnsupdate.gfi.com/lnsupdate/. If you are getting errors or the download is interrupted, some settings in your environment block the downloads. This can be a proxy server, firewall, or some specialized protection engines - seek the help of your network administrators to find out what is blocking the access and how to unblock it.
- Once manual downloads succeed, please clean up the old updates and force a fresh update.
- If the error is still there, this may indicate a corrupted installation of LanGuard caused by anti-virus programs running during the installation or upgrade procedure. Try repairing your LanGuard installation.
If the issue persists even after this, you have to reinstall the LanGuard server completely:
- If you need to keep the current configurations, export them.
- Write down your license and database details.
- Uninstall LanGuard via the Windows Control Panel and restart the server.
- Check whether the GFI LanGuard XX Attendant service was removed successfully. If it is still there, remove it manually via the Registry and restart the server.
- Disable antivirus and install LanGuard, strictly ensuring all the requirements and following the installation steps, including unblocking the installer.
- If you exported the configurations, import them.