LanGuard Agent scan shows high vulnerabilities but no Microsoft security patches to remediate.
The possible reasons for the LanGuard Agent scan not reporting Microsoft patches are the Agent not getting the latest definitions, possible Agent corruption, or environmental variables.
- If you are not using the latest product version - Upgrade LanGuard.
- Ensure that Windows Update service is running on the target machine, and verify the rest of the required prerequisites and settings to scan a machine.
- Please, clean up the old updates and force a fresh update.
- Rerun the scan. If the issue persists, the Agent has to be reinstalled:
- Manually remove the agent from the target machine. Verify whether any old version agents are stuck there, and remove those as well. Reboot the target machine.
- Go back to the LanGuard console and uninstall the agent from there since the console won't be aware that it's been removed from the target.
- Once the uninstallation completes, restart the GFI Attendant service on the LanGuard server.
- Finally, redeploy the agent to the target machine from the console.
Rerun the scan and verify that patches are detected now. If the issue persists, contact GFI LanGuard Support.