You have scans uploaded into GFI LanGuard but are unable to generate reports, getting an error 'This document doesn't contain any pages.'
When you load scan results in the LanGuard console, they are also imported into the main scan results database (by default, LNSSScanresults12) as if they came from a regular scan. LanGuard retrieves data for reports from this database, and the 'This document doesn't contain any pages' error indicates either problems with the database or the corrupted LanGuard installation.
When the SQL Server runs out of disk space or SQL Express reaches its database size limit, the LanGuard back-end database stops updating. This, in turn, leads to unexpected errors. Check the free space on the server hosting the database and the current database size and fix any found issues there Maintaining the SQL Database Used by LanGuard article.
If the issue persists even after this, you have to reinstall the LanGuard server completely:
- If you need to keep the current configurations, export them.
- Write down your license and database details.
- Uninstall LanGuard via the Windows Control Panel and restart the server.
- Check whether the GFI LanGuard XX Attendant service was removed successfully. If it is still there, remove it manually via the Registry and restart the server.
- Disable antivirus and install LanGuard, strictly ensuring all the requirements and following the installation steps, including unblocking the installer.
- If you exported the configurations, import them.
Upload the scans, select the devices in the Computer Tree, and generate the report you are interested in. If the issue persists, contact GFI LanGuard Support.