These steps will assist you with deployment of common Windows patches like Cumulative Updates or Hotfixes via LanGuard. It is useful in case emergency fixes are released by Windows, but are not yet available via LanGuard's Program Updates.
We will use KB4099950 as an example.
You have an issue with KB4099950 not being deployed even though the remediation job that was installing it had no errors.
This is a known issue with KB4099950 patching, as it is an emergency update from Microsoft with non-standard deployment. Please, apply the following workaround to solve the issue and install the patch:
Right-click on the link below to open it in a new tab and download the patch installer:
- x86 - http://download.windowsupdate.com/d/msdownload/update/software/updt/2018/03/windows6.1-kb4099950-x86_c0646f3cc3b5e380f7992f0fcd36f7dc8956b0e6.msu
- x64 - http://download.windowsupdate.com/d/msdownload/update/software/updt/2018/03/windows6.1-kb4099950-x64_245d5aaf7d50587297825f9176be166c47ad10f7.msu
- Right-click and select properties of the file. If the unblock option is shown, please unblock it.
- In the same download folder, create a .bat file with the command line, depending on the platform:
wusa.exe windows6.1-kb4099950-x86_c0646f3cc3b5e380f7992f0fcd36f7dc8956b0e6.msu /quiet /norestart
wusa.exe windows6.1-kb4099950-x64_245d5aaf7d50587297825f9176be166c47ad10f7.msu /quiet /norestart
- Open the GFI LanGuard console, click on the Remediate tab > Remediation Center.
- From the computer tree, select the computers where the new software will be deployed and click Deploy Custom Software.
- Click on Add, select the .bat file created above, and hit Add.
- Click on Add, select the unblocked .msu file, make sure the Auxiliary file option is checked, and hit Add.
- Click on Deploy, configure deployment settings, and click Ok.
Run a scan after the deployment is completed to verify the patching results. If the issue persists, contact GFI LanGuard Support.