You have an issue with KB4099950 not being deployed even though the remediation job that was installing it had no errors.
This is a known issue with KB4099950 patching as it is an emergency update from Microsoft with non-standard deployment. Please, apply the following workaround to solve the issue and install the patch:
- Right-click on the link below to open it in a new tab and download the patch installer:
- x86 - http://download.windowsupdate.com/d/msdownload/update/software/updt/2018/03/windows6.1-kb4099950-x86_c0646f3cc3b5e380f7992f0fcd36f7dc8956b0e6.msu
- x64 - http://download.windowsupdate.com/d/msdownload/update/software/updt/2018/03/windows6.1-kb4099950-x64_245d5aaf7d50587297825f9176be166c47ad10f7.msu
- Right-click and select properties of the file. If the unblock option is shown, please unblock it.
- In the same download folder, create a .bat file with the command line depending on the platform:
wusa.exe windows6.1-kb4099950-x86_c0646f3cc3b5e380f7992f0fcd36f7dc8956b0e6.msu /quiet /norestart
wusa.exe windows6.1-kb4099950-x64_245d5aaf7d50587297825f9176be166c47ad10f7.msu /quiet /norestart
- Open the GFI LanGuard console, click on the Remediate tab > Remediation Center.
- From the computer tree, select the computers where the new software will be deployed and click Deploy Custom Software.
- Click on Add, select the .bat file created above, and hit Add.
- Click on Add, select the unblocked .msu file, make sure the Auxiliary file option is checked, and hit Add.
- Click on Deploy, configure deployment settings, and click Ok.
Run a scan after the deployment is completed to verify the patching results. If the issue persists, contact GFI LanGuard Support.