Whenever you synchronize with AD, the LanGuard console crashes. When you start the program again, you can see that Active Directory synchronization wasn't completed.
The issue may be caused by the corruption of either the AD sync cache file or LanGuard configuration files.
- Purge the AD sync cache file following the steps in Why did LanGuard not import the OU when synchronizing with AD? article.
- If that doesn't help, please repair your LanGuard installation and see if it resolves this issue.
- If the issue persists, a complete reinstallation is necessary:
- If you need to keep the current configurations, export them.
- Write down your license and database details.
- Uninstall LanGuard via the Windows Control Panel and restart the server.
- Check whether the GFI LanGuard XX Attendant service was removed successfully. If it is still there, remove it manually via the Registry and restart the server.
- Disable antivirus and install LanGuard, strictly ensuring all the requirements and following the installation steps, including unblocking the installer.
- If you exported the configurations, import them.
Synchronize the Computer Tree with Active Directory. If the issue persists, contact GFI LanGuard Support.