You may be trying to install GFI LanGuard, but the installer is a numbered file (e.g. the file extension is ".1638831582").
Please follow the steps below to resolve this:
- Delete the numbered languard.exe installer file you have been using.
- Disable your antivirus software on the machine completely. If there is software that automatically blocks/quarantines downloaded .exes, disable that as well.
- Visit upgrade.gfi.com to download the setup file.
- Ensure that the installer has been fully downloaded before attempting to run it. If the download is not completed successfully, it is possible that something has blocked/corrupted the download on the machine and you will have to investigate this internally on the network/firewall level.
- Please follow the Installing GFI LanGuard article, ensuring that all prerequisites are met and that you have unblocked the installer. If the option to unblock does not appear, you can skip this part and proceed.
If the issue persists, try the download and install on another machine. If the works on a separate machine, the problem would be with the original machine itself and you would have to troubleshoot it internally with the help of your system admin.