There is a hidden popup that requires confirmation to continue when changing from a secure to a non-secure website.
Perform these steps while logged in as domain administration / local administrator.
- Go to Start Menu > Run
- Enter inetcpl.cpl, and press Enter or click Ok.
- Click the Security tab.
- Highlight Internet at the top and click Custom level.
- Under the Miscellaneous section look for "Display Mixed Content"
- Click on Enable instead of prompt.
- Click OK. Click Yes.
- Click the Advanced tab and scroll to the bottom.
- Remove the check from "Show a popup each time the connection went from secure to non-secure" if available.
- Remove the check from "Warn if changing from secure to non-secure mode is not selected" if available.
- Restart all GFI LanGuard services.
You can again perform a LanGuard Update manually to test whether the Microsoft download works.
If the issue persists, please ensure that the link http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=74689 is accessible manually via a browser. If it is not, you will need to engage your network team to have access to the link unblocked.