This product is at End of Engineering. It will continue to be available through GFI Unlimited
This product is at End of Life. Please see the GFI WebMonitor End of Life Status article for more information.
- What are the system requirements for GFI LanGuard?
- Why are previous versions of updates not detected when the most recent version is ignored?
- Why is a patch marked as critical in GFI LanGuard but not on the manufacturer's site?
- Why is GFI LanGuard not listing all of my scan results?
- Why is TCP port 21 detected as open on all scanned machines?
- Why is the Whois tool not able to gather any information?
- Why is the “Cancel selected deployment” option grayed out?
- Security Applications Supported by GFI LanGuard
- Why does Windows update list patches that are not in GFI LanGuard?
- Error: 'You are unauthorized to access this area of GFI LanGuard Central Management Server.' While Accessing the Central Management Server Console
- Why does GFI LanGuard fail to install the agent on a remote computer?
- What Linux operating systems are supported for patching in GFI LanGuard?
- Why wont languard use more than ten scans worth of data in my reports?
- What Microsoft Exchange versions are supported for mobile device vulnerability assessment?
End of Engineering: No new releases, minor releases, defect logging or defect fixes for affected products. Customers can continue to use EoE products unencumbered and add/subtract user licenses as necessary. Customer Support will continue to respond to issues and use reasonable efforts to assist customers, but no new, tested corrections will be generated. Latest versions of software and fixes remain available for download.